2016 gave me opportunities to grow in both personal and professional dimensions.
During the 12 months journey – I invested time on things which helped me to push my comfort zone.
Personal zone :
- Invested early morning hours on physical fitness and silence.
- Wrote thoughts, quotes, to-do list, to-be list, happy moments, gratitude prayer and things which bothered me in my journal.
- Traveled and explored new places.
- Silently and gracefully removed myself from the lives of people who weren’t good for my mental health.
- Cultivated the attitude of gratitude/thankfulness towards life. No matter what turned up, I deeply thanked existence for it!
- Associated and met people who are far better than me. Never ever thought I will meet the creator of the wordpress theme (I am currently using on this blog) at his location. Thanks Raam.
- Learned to (mostly) avoid and ignore things which are rubbish for healthy and happy life.
- Loved, appreciated and brought smiles (sometimes unending laughter) on the faces of people who are part of my inner circle.
- Death took away some near ones. It’s very difficult, it’s painful to even think that the person with whom we shared our journey will never come back! I could only pray and thank them for all their contribution in making my life better.
In professional (academic) area
- Attended 2 International conference.
- Wrote and edited one full research paper (6 pages) by myself.
- Co-authored and submitted two more research articles.
In all, 2016 taught me to be :
Walk one step at a time!